Please register by using the Register button below.
Date: June 13, 2023
The ECIS 2023 Industry innovation forum brings together information systems scholars and practitioners from private and public sector. Several showcase examples will be presented to stimulate debate around hot topics related to the relationships between digital transformation and sustainable development – as well as necessary measures to ensure mutually beneficial co-creation between practice and academia.
08:00-09:00 Pre-Forum Snack & Coffee
09:00-09:15 Opening - ECIS 2023 Industry Innovation Forum Chairs
09:15-10:00 Keynote Speaker: Professor Morten Dæhlen, University of Oslo
Break and mingling
10:30-12:00 Session 1
New Partnerships for Sustainable Digital Transformations
Leif Skiftenes Flak, University of Agder
The session showcases the national Norwegian GoForIT collaboration, currently consisting of around 40 IT companies and 12 academic institutions, working together to identify knowledge gaps related to digital transformations and sustainability, sharing experiences, and establishing new practices building new knowledge.
- Mali Hole Skogen, Director for sustainability and new technologies in ICT Norway and leader of GoForIT
- Jan vom Brocke, Professor at the University of Lichtenstein
- Pia Virmalainen Jøsendal, Manager, Bouvet ASA
- John Krogstie, Professor at NTNU and Leader of NTNU Digital
- Open discussion
12:00-13:00 Lunch and Mingle in the Adjacent Exhibition Area
13:00-14:30 Session 2
The Role of Digital Technology for Clean Energy production, Grid Optimization and Smart Energy & Flexibility Utilization
Session chair: Monika Hattinger, University West, Sweden.
- Svein Jørgen Sønning, Head of technology in NODES
- Elena Parmiggiani, Associate professor at the NTNU
- Open discussion
14:30-15:30: Wrap-up with Fika
Session chair: Crispin Coombs, Reader, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- What are the key practical takeaways from the day?
- How to get practice-oriented research published in the top journals